2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report layout (Access 97)

Hi all,
    I have inherited a database that I have to work with at work. It is my long term goal to fix it, but in the meantime I have to battle along with what I have.
    I have created a report based on a query which contains information from a sub-form. My problem is that the First Name and Last Name fields replicate themselves with every occurance of a record from the sub form. I have attached a .pdf which would more accurately show what my problem is.
    What I am trying to acheive is that the First Name and Last Name will only appear once, and every record in the sub form would appear where required. A line would then appear under the last record from the sub form then the next set of records would follow on.
    If anyone has any advice after looking at the .pdf I would be very grateful.
    Thanks all.

Bill

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report layout (Access 97)

One possibility is to set the Hide Duplicates property to Yes for the controls you don't want repeated.

Another option is to enter =[Last Name] & " " & [First Name] in Field/Expression column in the Sorting and Grouping window, with the appropriate field names substituted. Then set Group Header and Group Footer for this expression to Yes. Place the last and first name controls (and others that repeat) in the group header, and put a horizontal line in the group footer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report layout (Access 97)

Hans,
    You've solved my problem once again! Thanks so much, it is appreciated.

Bill