Thanks

Re: Lost 'Explore' right-click option (XP Home SR-

You made <post#=402100>post 402100</post#> the other day - is that the one?

(If you click on your name - Welcome, emffl - top right of the main index, it will list all your own posts.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost 'Explore' right-click option (XP Home SR-1 Spanish)

See <post#=402100>post 402100</post#>. There is a reply by joeperez.

I have attached a registry export for the HKY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClassesFoldershellexplore key. It has been renamed to .txt to be able to attach it. You can rename it to .reg and open it to see if it restores the Explore option, or view it to see its contents.

Lounger
    Thanks

Lost 'Explore' right-click option (XP Home SR-1 Spanish)

Thought I posted this the other day, but i can't find it.

I lost the "Explore" right-click option for the "file folders", though it's still there for the "folders" "file type". I've tried to recreate it, but there must be a switch missing because it doesn't seem to work. I used
    <hr>explorer.exe, /e,/idlist,/%I,/L<hr>
    Can anybody help me? Also, is there any way of removing added right-click options without editing the registry?

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans, that doesn't seem to be working either. I'm about to restore the system, wish me luck.

Lounger
    Thanks

Well, restoring the system required going back too far in time - I've been installing updates - so I finally got my brain to kick in. I did a Google search for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshell" explorer.exe (having found the key by searching in the registry for other right-click folder options). This produced an Annoyances.org thread that led me to the solution. The solution in the thread is at http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1089823793 and it ultimately links up to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;321186. That was pretty scary - much scarier to change a default value from something to "none" than to add extra right-click options - but it seems to have gone well.