Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbnail page view

I'm looking for a way to create a web page, which contains 'view ports' to other web pages. In other words: a page that contains a number of 'mini browsers', each displaying a 'live' thumbnail view of a specified htm file, either on the same or on another server. Clicking the thumbnail should activate the page shown. Has anyone ever done this?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Thumbnail page view

The best way to do this will most likely involve making graphical snapshots of the sites rather than attempting to render HTML in a mini browser.

This could be a bit difficult to automate without the help of some heavy coding.

Thanks

You could experiment with the <IFRAME> (inline frame) tag. I don't know if it's cross-browser and standardized, and it does seem to be mentioned in many Internet Explorer security bulletins, so maybe it's hardly workable any more. But if you want frames without the appearance of frames, it's probably worth a play.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Using some funky JScript, you should be able to do this. Internet Explorer supports window.parent.document.body.style.zoom - if you can apply this to an iframe, you should be able to get it work.

I used this as a zoom in / zoom out feature. Stick the below code into a web page and see if it works [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Make text bigger

Make text smaller