New Lounger
    Thanks

XP Pro SP2 & Security Alerts (XP Pro SP2)

Since upgrading to SP2 I haven't been able to terminate that pesky Security Alert window. I tick the box that says I have a firewall solution that I'll monitor myself, exit from the Security Alert window and it disappears. Until I next boot up and the flamin' thing arises like a phoenix.

Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong please? I'm sure it is supposed to die.

Thanks, Ken

Thanks

Re: XP Pro SP2 & Security Alerts (XP Pro SP2)

You do not appear to be alone - there is a discussion here at AnandTech.com that may give you some ideas.

Thanks

Had the same problem and found a solution - at least for my situation. Had three users set up on my XP box. Notified Security Centre that I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself. Still SC alerts on each reboot. Then, I logged on to all of the user accounts, did the same thing for each user - No more security alerts.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tips guys. Would you believe this morning is the first it hasn't popped up. Coincidence that it is 1 week's worth of logins since I installed SP2?

Rebel - I have the same setup so if it pops back I'll try your disabling via each user as first option thanks.

Leif - the reference you gave had a method I will use as second option - if only because it is a bit technical for me 8-))

Nice to know I wasn't alone.