2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blank Page in Yahoo (IE 6)

Hello, I'm working on WinXP, IE6. I have tried to log on to my Yahoo email and all I get is a blank page, I mean blank as blank can be. I get to the page where I log in with User ID and Password, that page showes just fine, but once I click on "Sign In' it takes me to a blank page, NOTHING on it while in the lower left corner it says "Done". I've logged on an off several times today without any problems, also, all other websites I've gone to seem to work just perfectly BUT the Yahoo mail site. Has anyone else exerience that? Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME??? Thank you so much for your help. Tira

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Blank Page in Yahoo (IE 6)

Could be a Yahoo problem, have you contacted them?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Tira:
    Assuming that Yahoo is in your Internet security group, you might check to see what options you have disabled. I don't know what Yahoo uses for login, but look under Tools/Options/Security/Internet/Custom Level & see if you've disabled anything. Changing it to "prompt" might work.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Dave and Phil. I guess I had a "panic attack" :-P I did think that it may be a Yahoo problem but thinking about how long it might take for them to get back to me I thought I'll try Woody's first. It's working again. You mentioned that some of the Internet Options may have been changed. I did not "manually" change anything, but is it possible that something or someone could change it without my consent? Sorry for a dumb question. Thanks again for your fast reply. What would I do without Woody's lounge. Tira

Thanks

Tira,
    --------------------------------------------------
    but is it possible that something or someone could change it without my consent?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Yes it could and DOES happen. sometimes you encounter a problem and you start to check options, etc, and you will find changes that you KNOW you didn't even look at, no less change.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

Do you have a pop-up blocker running? Some pop-up blockers seem to stop windows from opening in the first place, while some others close them right away, and perhaps this one blocks the content? Just a guess, as each one seems to operate a bit differently.

Incidentally, if you are using the "new and improved" IE6 in Windows XP SP2, are there any security messages associated with the page, or any funny icons in the status bar?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Bob and Ischer2000. I was afraid that it can happen. Yes, I do have the Google pop up blocker. I'm still using IE 6, not SP2 and no, don't have any funny looking icons. Are you suggesting not to install IE 6 SR2? Are there any other browsers that you could suggest? Have been thinking about trying something different although IE has been quite good. Thanks again, Tira

Thanks

The Windows XP Service Pack 2 version of IE6 will work differently than all other versions, but the changes should, for the most part, be a big improvement in security. We haven't installed SP2 here, yet, and because my firewall isn't fully up to date for SP2 yet (Outpost Pro 2.5 still in the final throes of beta testing), I may be waiting a while longer. With respect to your current issue, I don't think SP2 makes any difference one way or the other.

If you are interested in other browsers, you might choose one that is completely independent of the Internet Explorer components of Windows. These include the nearly-finished Firefox (now in version 0.9.3, soon to be version 1.0) and some others that I haven't tried or paid any attention to. To explore more information on alternative browsers, visit our Other Browsers & Email Clients.

Now... back to Yahoo! So many people use the Google toolbar that I can't imagine it is broken that badly. However, maybe it has some settings you can tweak to "trust" all domains under yahoo.com (e.g., groups.yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com, etc.). Can you find anything like that? Or you could temporarily turn off all pop-up blocking and see if that fixes the problem. If neither of those works, we'll have to look for other issues.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, jscher2000. I might try and install the new IE. Don't have a firewall yet but I know I should get one. Are there any free once and, how difficult are they to be installed? I'm no computer guru as you can probably tell. I will also look at the different browsers.

As you said about the Google toolbar, I would like to believe that it is a well functioning tool as so many people do use it. I can't find any "tweaking" options, but since I've first posted my problem it has been ok and I didn't have this problem anymore. Thanks again for all the help. Tira

Thanks

I compiled links to the major free firewall products (and their paid cousins) in <post#=407306>post 407306</post#> just now. Hope this helps. You will find many differences of opinion among Loungers as to the ease of use and unfortunate conflicts with other programs on our Spyware board. Good luck!