New Lounger
    Thanks

WordXP Track Changes & Printing Problem (Win2k/Word XP)

One of our Windows 2000/Word XP users has a problem with Track Changes. She formats her documents to landscape so that she has plenty of room for the comment and mark-up balloons on the right. But when she prints the document, on many pages it drops the last few lines of text from the body of the document, often in the middle of a sentence or paragraph. If she prints the document one page at a time it prints fine. And when I print the document from Word 2003 it works fine. Anyone have a clue about how to troubleshoot and correct this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WordXP Track Changes & Printing Problem (Win2k

I don't have Word 2002, so maybe someone who does can jump in. I would compare the track changes & printing options on each machine, as well as Tools/Options/Compatibility settings. You can also check to make sure that you have the latest printer drivers.

Thanks

Re: WordXP Track Changes & Printing Problem (Win2k

The fact that lines disappear in the middle of a paragraph suggests that when paginating page 3, Word plans to put those lines at the top of page 4 -- but then doesn't actually do it. Or it is miscalculating the space required for some carryover from the previous pages?? It really doesn't make sense.

In addition to checking and maybe changing the printer driver, does the user have Office XP's SP3 loaded, just in case this is a "fixed bug"?