New Lounger
    Thanks

network printer issues (Windows XP sp2)

I have a network printer with 6 users printing to it. Printing is done thru TCP/IP and the computers are/were W2k and Win 98. I replaced one of the W2K systems with a new system with XP sp2 and installed the printer drivers that came with XP. Everything seems fine the new system prints just fine to the network printer. The problem is; now no one else can print to the network printer except the XP system.???????

The printer is a Lexmark Optra S 1620 and is attached directly to the network system, (not shared thru a computer)

Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?????

cheers

Thanks

Re: network printer issues (Windows XP sp2)

Are you running as a network, i.e. sharing drives across the network, or just the printer?

Can the other users still see the networked printer?
    If they can, does it show up in the Print dialogue (in Word, for example)?
    If it does, what happens - any error messages?

Thanks

In theory the printer should be agnostic about the client computers' operating systems. Any chance the IP address changed or anything else that could theoretically be configured on the printer itself? (Sorry, I've only worked with HP printers, so it's a mystery to me.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

We have discovered this problem. Apparently the windows XP machine has put a converter hub (Allied Telesyn) on his network connection to convert it from BNC to RJ45. This new hub has a switch on it to allow traffic thru or not. Once the switch was activated everything was fine. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]