New Lounger
    Thanks

exporting customised fields from outlook contacts (XP)

As an Employment Counselor, I have needed a way to keep employer and job posting information at my fingertips.
    I have heavily customized Outlook Contacts, with multiple contacts folders and many custom, user-designed fields, such as Job Order #, Wage rate, F/T-P/T etc. I use the notes field to store job description information. I have tried to export to excel files, but have not found a way to add customized fields to the choices offered in the "Map Custom Fields" dialogue. Only standard fields are offered...

Is there a way (I hope) to overcome this irritating limitation? I need a way to quickly generate a spreadsheet with information from the custom fields!

Thanks

Vitaman.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: exporting customised fields from outlook contacts (XP)

The "custom mapping" in the Export wizard does NOT permit the specification of user designed fields. The quickest way to export them in native Outlook is to create a Table View showing the fields you need, and copy-&-paste the table into Excel. This and other solutions are discussed in <!mskb=294705>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 294705<!/mskb>, <!mskb=290656>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 290656<!/mskb> and <!mskb=290792>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 290792<!/mskb>.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: exporting customised fields from outlook contacts (XP)

Thanks, John.
    I do not know why they made it that way...
    I tried the copy and paste method, and found it was all out of order on the spreadsheet. I will keep trying until I get it right.
    Hmm. I wish I werre the sort of person to write code!