2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

monitor blackout upon startup

hi, this Samsung SynMaster 153v displays nothing upon startup occasionally. anyone experience this and knows where goes wrong and how to fix it? i have to reset the pc to try to get monitor functioning and a screen says something like this pc has not been shut properly and some selection of start up pc normally etc and i choosed startup pc normally and this monitor function like normal. thanks for any help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: monitor blackout upon startup

What kind of computer, and what OS ?

I'm not sure why, but this kind of sounds like a power-management issue. Try opening your Control Panel .. Power Options .. and check "Power Schemes" Change it to "Always on" , and then go to the Hibernate tab and Un-check "Enable Hibernation" (Assumes Win XP). See if that helps at all.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

hi Jim Helfer, i did what you mentioned and will monitor if this works. i use Asus P4V533-MX-UAYZ motherboard, Windows XP Professional and the pc is assembled by salesman. THANK YOU for the suggestion.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If Jim's suggestion about power management doesn't complete the job, I'm gonna make what sounds like a silly suggestion or two. Someone else in the Lounge just recently had a monitor problem and was able to wrestle through it - check the cable from the monitor to the computer, at both ends if appropriate. Sometimes that cable can get just a hair loose or a small bit crooked and the video signal goes beserk. Even if you have to take it loose and re-seat it tightly - you don't have to turn off the computer to do so. Now, do shutdown for this one - check the seating of the video card, carefully. They too sometimes get loose just a tiny bit from vibration or whatever, and it's hard to tell that except by re-seating it. Keep us posted.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

hi Jim and hi bigaldoc, so far so good, i will have more time checking the monitor while startup.