dmatherton

Embedding Camcorder movie files in Slide shows

I am running PPT 97 (SR1) and need to embed a series of movie files from Camcorder into the show.

Having recorded a series of camcorder files and inserted them into slides in my show, I get a reasonably smooth presentation - so far so good.

However, when I try to distribute the presentation to other users, the animations won't work.

Has anyone else come across this sort of problem?

Regards,

D.

Thanks

Re: Embedding Camcorder movie files in Slide shows

are the camcorder files actually embedded in the presentation or are they just referenced.
    You might need to send the camcorder files to the recepient as well.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

dmatherton

I have tried to run this in two ways:

If I use "Insert | Movies & Sounds | Movie from File" then I get a movie that playsback fine from my PC, but won't playback when I distribute the PPT - users get errors about "Compression" that I think relate to the video codecs installed on my/their PCs

Alternatively, if I use "Insert | Object" and create from file, then I can embed "Standalone Movies" which seem to be OK most of the time.

I guess my real question is how do I automate the playback of a camcorder movie when the Camcorder video compression codec is not installed on the client PC......and I guess the answer is that I need to distribute standalone movie files (.exe) along with the slides.

D.

Thanks

That would be my impression as well.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile