New Lounger
    Thanks

Analysis Tool-pak (WinXP - Ofc 2000)

Am running Office 2000 on Win XP. Problem is with Excel - when I load the Analysis ToolPak, it works fine. BUT. If I close XL with the analysis toolpak box still checked, the next time I try to open XL we get the so sorry, must close, sorry about your lost work msg, and it wants to send useless info to MS. (I also had this problem when running XL 2000 on Win98.) Thru experimentation I've discovered that if I uncheck the box before I exit XL, I can open XL the next time. Of course if I want those functions I have to reload, but that's no big deal. If I forget to uncheck box and close XL, I can use XP's system restore and get XL back (which certainly beats having to reinstall like I did with Win98).

Is this how the add-ins are supposed to work? Somehow I think not .... suggestions welcome!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Analysis Tool-pak (WinXP - Ofc 2000)

Hi, WM. Long time, no see. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've never heard this one before, and I've heard most, I think. If this were happening to me, here's what I'd do:

Find and delete funcres.xla on your PC.
    Reinstall it from the installation CD.

Just seems to me like something is corrupt with it.

I'm assuming, of course, that you've already tried a detect and repair form the Help menu while the analysis toolpak was checked (tho I don't think that'd do much anyway).

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Analysis Tool-pak (WinXP - Ofc 2000)

If reinstalling funcres doesn't help, I suspect a problem with your toolbar customisation file. Find a file with the extension .xlb on your computer (might be in a hidden folder or hidden itself). Rename its extension to e.g. .old. Then start Excel again. Note: You'll loose your custom toolbars and menu changes. If this doesn't help, name the .old file back to .xlb after closing excel. You'll probably have to delete the new one excel created automatically first though.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association