Thanks

SP2 and Windows Messenger (WinXP Pro SP2)

I installed SP2 today from the MS SP2 CD (kudos to MS... CD arrived by courier within a week of ordering). The install went well and quickly, under 30 minutes. The only problem I've encountered so far is with Windows Messenger. I use it to access my Hotmail account. I sign-in (successfully) using my Hotmail email address, but WM (ver. 4.7) no longer seems to know anything about Hotmail or MSN. It does not show how many email messages are in the Hotmail account. I downloaded and installed Windows Messenger ver 5.0, but I still have the same problem. I recall having to download and install a plugin for Windows Messenger in order for it to access MSN and/or Hotmail, but I can't find any reference to this. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: SP2 and Windows Messenger (WinXP Pro SP2)

You might try looking here: Windows Messenger> If there is nothing worthwhile you might want to try MSN Messenger. Microsoft has positioned Windows Messenger as the business chat client and MSN Messenger as the home chat client. MSN Messenger may be more receptive to Hotmail now.

Joe
    Joe