3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Media Player plays part of a file

On occasion, I have noticed situations where WMP plays part of a file. In this particular instance, I have a an mpeg file of 99.4MB. Cyberlink's PowerDVD shows a running time of 16:24. WMP shows a running time of 42 seconds. After that time, it plays a few more seconds, even though the moving bar at the bottom of the screen has reached the end. I admit that Sonic MyDVD also plays the clip for 42 seconds. When I manually move the bar at the bottom of the screen with WMP and MyDVD, I am able to see some parts of the video that will not play when I view the movie throughout. What would cause some programs problems in playing an mpeg file properly in its entirety? Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Windows Media Player plays part of a file

Are you saying it plays correctly with PowerDVD? If it was downloaded it could have been a corrupted download. Seems like something in the
    encoding is not right.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes, the file was downloaded. I admit that I never have this problem with files that I create from an incoming video source. Is there anything I can do....perhaps convert the file to another format? Thank you again.
    Alan Silberlight

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If it's corrupted it either won't convert, or won't work if converted. Can you face renaming the current file, downloading it again, and comparing the two files? You would hope that the second download would be clean... If the compare says they're both the same, then you'll need to look elsewhere, of course!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...