Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Add font (97 SR2)

My list of available fonts in my Word 97 application does not include a font I need (Univers). However, that font does appear in the list of Fonts in Control Panel. How do I get Word to recognize that font?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Add font (97 SR2)

Hi, guy!

Shame on you! That's a WordPerfect font....
    Warning: If you create documents using a non-Windows font, then persons who don't have that font will see what Word uses as its replacement, which I believe is Arial. Here's a cool tool for you: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=137

If, however, you need to use a font you don't have, but the end user DOES, you can simply type the font name into the font box...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Now, now

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yep, yer right, it should. Here's what I'd do. I'd close Word. I'd remove the univers font from the font folder using Windows explorer. Then, reinstall it using the Fonts menu in Windows explorer. Then launch Word again.

Thanks

Word tries to display fonts appropriate to the currently active printer. In some cases, this is your default printer for Windows. In other cases, it is the printer you last used in Word. For example, if you print to the generic/text printer, you only will have a very few font choices listed.

I believe that many HP LaserJet printers have the Univers font built in. However, this may appear on the font drop-down only when you are using a PCL-based driver. When using a PostScript-based driver, you might see other printer fonts (e.g., Helvetica) instead. The attached illustration (apologies for the size) demonstrates this effect with HP printer drivers.
    Attached Images Attached Images