Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse pointer misbehaving

I'm using Excel 2000 on a Win98 machine (at work), and I have a Logitech Cordless Wheel Mouse. Today my mouse pointer developed a weird little problem. Say I'm trying to grab onto that little cross in the lower right corner of a cell...I can't do it! As soon as the pointer gets over the mark, it jumps into the cell or--even more weird--when I click on the cross, the mouse pointer jumps into the cell to the right and one row below! The same thing happens when I try to click inside the formula bar: The pointer jumps around as if there were something hot inside the bar! Any thoughts on the cause and cure?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mouse pointer misbehaving

Have you tried a different mouse (even one with a cord). If the problem does not happen with a different mouse, then I would suspect a hardware problem.

Do the problems only occur in Excel, or are there problems in other programs?

Has anything been installed lately, particularly something that required a driver be installed?

Have you scanned for a virus lately?
    Legare Coleman

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mouse pointer misbehaving

Haven't tried another mouse...great idea! Thanks! The problem seems to occur in other apps, too, e.g., Word. As for installing other stuff: maybe. I'll have to talk to others who use our equipment. Virus? Unlikely--the site uses some industrial strength stuff and keeps it up-to-date. Thanks for the response.