4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Fixing No License Message (97)

I have a new computer that came with Office 2003. I needed to continue to run Office 97 for certain applications so I followed the instructions on the Microsoft Web site and removed Office 2003, installed Office 97, and then reinstalled Office 2003 on top of Office 97. Everything worked fine EXCEPT that I have multiple copies of Office 97 and I gave it the wrong key code when I installed it, the one for a copy without Access. I did not discover the mistake until after I was done installing all the software.

I have the right key code but I don't want to have to go back and redo everything. Is there a way to just give Office the right code. When I try to start Access 97, it just tells me it has an invalid code and quits and never gives the the chance to give it the right one.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fixing No License Message (97)

Recommend check MSKB 141373:

ACC: "There Is No License" Error Message Starting Microsoft Access

This article may or may not apply to your problem. There are several ways described in article to resolve issue, which may depend on which version of Windows you are running. See article for details.

HTH

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fixing No License Message (97)

Yea, I found that but it requires reinstalling Office and since Office 97 has to be installed before Office XP, it really requires that I uninstall and reinstall two packages. I was hoping there was an easier way.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson