New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 Junk Filter (2003/SP1)

Hello:
    I am having a problem with my Inbox/Junk Filter folders ALL my e-mails are dumped into Junk E-mail folder. I can see the message when it comes in for a second or 2 in the Inbox then is gone in the Junk folder. My "Cache Exchange Mode" is off (intentionally and I get the message that I can't use the Junk filter. I did this thinking that this will totally disable the Junk Filter). I had it set to "No automatic filtering before" same result everything goes in the Junk E-mail filter. I have no idea what is going on here? Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks, Mihail

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 Junk Filter (2003/SP1)

What is your setting under Actions | Junk E-mail | Junk E-mail Options | Options tab? And under the same dialog, under the Safe Sender tab, be sure that you have checked the lower left hand box titled "Also trust e-mail from my contacts".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

"No automatic filtering". "Also trust e-mail from my contacts" is checked.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

And you have nothing set under Blocked Senders? (The "Remove" Button is inactive, grayed out.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Might you have some kind of rule that would send stuff to the junk folder?

New Lounger
    Thanks

II have to apologize I left out an important piece of info! I had SpamBayes add-in installed; I used it with the previous version of Outlook that didn't have a Junk fiter. I reinstall it after the Outlook 2003 and I choose the same folders as Outlook 2003 Junk filter uses Junk E-mail, Junk Suspects. I used to have Spam and Possible Spam for Spambayes but when I installed SpamBayes these Junk folders were listed as default so I went with them. It seems that Outlook 2003 Junk Filter and SpamBayes are not working well together! I am in the process of finding out more about this, if anybody is interested I will post as soon as I learn more. I do like SpamBayes a lot trainable, you can mark more than one message as not junk, etc and I really will like to keep it.
    It maybe boils down to disabling the Microsoft Junk filter the only way that I know is not using Cached Mode. Anybody else running SpamBayes with Outlook 2003?
    Thanks, mihail