5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calculating Message (A2K)

These things seem to seek me out. I have, what I thought to be an ordinary run-of-the-mill form. When I open it, the cursor lands on the first field, and, this is the part that I'm not clear on, in the status bar at the bottom of the screen it displays the field name and a 'flashing' caluclating indicator. I get the same flashing indicator on whichever field the cursor goes to along with the data name of the new field. Not sure what this is about or what I've done this time. Would appreciate any help, and as always, thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calculating Message (A2K)

That sounds like a form with a bunch of calculated controls or one with some code running in the background. Can you post a copy of it and whatever query/tables it is based on?
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte, I'm off to the salt mines this morning, but will fool with it and also send you a copy later this afternoon. Thank you,
    Cheers,
    Andy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte,
    Big apologies for being so tardy in getting back to you. The problem was very close to what you had described. On the menu which has the control that calls up the form also had two controls that gave me "live" time and date using the Timer Feature. Bad Move! As soon as I got rid of these less than useful controls, all was normal again. It was the comment that you had made re somebody's calculating something in the background that set me off on the right path. Thanks again. OK, that was the good news, I'll be coming up with another of my "Why Me" type scenarios later tonight or tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Andy