5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pasting columns of a table (97)

I have two tables having the same number of rows columns, same layout, etc. These contain previous and current figures, and I want to copy this months figures to replace last months... When I copy and paste the columns that I'm interested in, Word INSERTS the columns rather than replacing the previous figures. How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Re: Pasting columns of a table (97)

If you have the insertion point in the first cell, and the copied selection contained rows, Word tends to insert new rows about the row containing the insertion point. If you match the selection areas (e.g., 6 rows x 4 columns) when doing the copy and paste, Word tends to replace the data. I say "tends to" because I'm sure I've seen exceptions! However, at least Word 97 didn't try to embed tables into other tables...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pasting columns of a table (97)

Select just the text in the second table columns/rows and press CTRL-C. Then go to the first table and select just the text in it and press CTRL-V to copy just the text instead of adding columns and rows. This assumes the columns/rows are the same.