3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A database to create *one* resume? (2000)

OK, so I'm getting out of my career track (a.k.a. rut) and getting my CV out. After having examined a few sites, it occurs to me that with all the different formats required, I'll be updating numerous CV's for every change I make. What a pain! This got me to thinking about creating a database to do the work for me. I could use it to output into whatever form I need.

Well, before I go re-inventing the wheel, have any of you seen an approach like this (or even attempted it) and can offer comments?

Thanks in advance!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A database to create *one* resume? (2000)

Since you won't use the old version of the CV again and you are talking about formatting rather than data for a single resume, I wouldn't bother with a database. I simply maintain a Word document for mine. If I wanted multiple versions, I would probably use a Word table to hold the data and just do a mailmerge into the selected format.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A database to create *one* resume? (2000)

I agree with Charlotte. As much as I try to use a database to solve everything, even I have to admit when Access doesn't fit the need. Word gives you much more flexibility in formatting, which is really what you need here.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.