New Lounger
    Thanks

Mailmerge Word to Email with VB script (word 2000,

Hi,
    I'm using vb script to mailmerge applications in batch to a new document. I'm running windows 2k with Word 2000. Everythings working great. Is it possible to script the mailmerge to email with Word 2000? Would I have better results switching to Microsoft Outlook for the email option. I've got the request that this letter cannot be sent an attachment.
    Thanks ,
    Mike.

Thanks

Re: Mailmerge Word to Email with VB script (word 2

Okay, first, if everything's working great, I would not change a thing. Mail merges with Word and Outlook are messy things that one does only if one needs to.

Can you explain in more detail the issue with attachments? Word 2000 can merge to a plain text e-mail, but it cannot merge to HTML, so if you are looking to emulate the appearance of a letter in the message body, Word 2000's merge to e-mail is not your best choice. Word 2002 would be better for that. In either case, though, you can write a VBA program or maybe a VBScript to automate the creation of the individual Outlook messages. Due to security protections built into Outlook, especially after you install the SP2 update to Office 2000, you will get alarm bells going off during this process. You can program with the Redemption library to work around that problem.

I don't know if this helps, but I'm sure it at least supplies some search terms you can use to read past threads on merging to email, and on how to use the Redemption library.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mailmerge Word to Email with VB script (word 2

Thanks for the suggestions. My lead person would like some letters sent as regular mail, others as email. Her past experience is that attachments have a better chance of being blocked as spam never reaching the student. Thus the request the letter be posted as the body of the message. I thought scripting Outlook would be my best option based on past threads.