Thread: cd drive

Lounger
    Thanks

cd drive

I have asked Woody for help a number of times in the past and he/she/they have always helped.

I have not used my CD drive very much. A number of years ago I did use it and successfully dragged and dropped files onto it.
    I tried to use it recently by dragging a file from the desktop to the CD and I got the following err msg

Cannot creat or replace filename. Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and the the file is not currently in use.

I then tried to open a file and do a saveas to the Cd and got the following Er msg

You do not have access to the folder D:. See your admin for access to the folder.

I am using a personal computer at home!!!!

I used, today, Deep Burner - a freebie - to ensure that the CD was formatted. Whether it was or not DeepBurner formatted it and I still got the error msg.

I am using Windows ME

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Re: cd drive

Does ME have native CD burning capabilities? If I'm correct, XP was the first OS to include this. Prior to XP, a CD burning program (such as DeepBurner to which you referred, Nero, Easy CD Creator, etc.) is required.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Have you tried a simple re-boot? Is you CD burning software up-to-date? Is ME fully patched?

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'd never heard of DeepBurner before, but did you use it to drag-and-drop the files to the CD? Otherwise, your OS doesn't support direct CD burning and you would get errors because WinME "knows" a CD is not normally writable. Most of us use Nero or Roxio to put files on CDs, but if this DeepBurner is a successful product, you should be able to drag-and-drop from within THAT program, according to their web site.