New Lounger
    Thanks

Internal Error 2738

I have just bought a Palm Tungsten E and am trying to load the Desktop software onto my computer but it stops during the installation with the error message Internal Error 2738 CostFinalizeCustom. I have had a look around the web and it seems to be a script issue with Windows Installer, hence posting here rather than the Palm forum, but I can find little advice as to how to solve the problem. Most advice is to make sure scripting is enabled in IE which it is or to upgrade to a higher version but I am already ruinning IE6 sp1 which I believe is the latest. I have tried the closing everything before running the installer which doesn't make any difference either.

I am running Windows 98se on an AMD Duron 800 machine with 512Mb RAM and plenty of hard disk space left. The software installs on my other machine which is also running W98se but with an Athlon XP2200. Unfortunately this machine isn't the one I use for work and the rest of the family might not take too kindly to me swapping them.

If anyone has any ideas they would be gratefully received.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internal Error 2738 Solution Found

Edited by Phil Rabichow to make the link clickable - see Help #19
    Whilst waiting for a reply I tried one more search on Google and found the answer.

The Windows Scripting Host was missing and I downloaded it from
    here
    which did the trick. Why it was missing I don't know.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internal Error 2738 Solution Found

Thanks for posting the answer. It will be helpful for others who have the same problem.