3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Signatures by default (2003)

LIke most people, I have more than one email account. I also have more than one signature and Outlook 2003, throught the Tools | Options | Mail Format tab allows me to specify the default signature to use for each account. Great!

Only it doesn't work as I would expect it to.

My email accounts have a default, and when I choose "New Mail Message" I am given a blank message with the right signature for that account. I can change the account using the drop down box, but it doesn't change the signature - for that, I have to delete the old one, and then use Insert | Signature. I can't seem to choose the account to use at the point when I create a new mail message either.

Without having to go into accounts and change my default account each time, how can I get new messages to come up with the right signature for the account?

Thanks

Stuart

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Signatures by default (2003)

Seems if I did this all the time, which I don't, I'd make a new message with the correct signature, then File-Save as and make it an OFT file. Do that for each account. Put the OFT files someplace convenient and just double-click anytime you want a new msg...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Signatures by default (2003)

An option, certainly, although I would need to go outside of Outlook every time I wanted to write a new message. I would still rather have the feature work as Microsoft implies it does!

Regards,

Stuart