New Lounger
    Thanks

Yahoo Card Games (Windows XP Home)

I recently installed Windows SP2 and Bit Defender v 7.2 Anti Virus and now I cannot play any of the Yahoo card or board games. I get the message: "Object doesn't support this property or method". I uninstalled and re-installed both but nothing changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Yahoo Card Games (Windows XP Home)

I tried all the methods on article 842242 and come up with nothing. I cannot locate any program when typing wscui.cpl, nothing happens when I type netstat, tasklist, etc. I'm not computer savvy so I don't know what else to do. Thanks for the reply. As info, your reply was the same reply from Yahoo.

Thanks

As a Firefox and SP1 user, I am unable to test my theory, but I'll give it to you anyway. SP2 makes substantial changes to Internet Explorer and to its security/permissions settings. It may be that some previously downloaded ActiveX "objects" no longer work with SP2. The downloaded controls are listed behind one of the buttons on the Tools>Options... dialog, perhaps on the General tab; it may say something like "View Objects." If you can determine which objects relate to Yahoo! Games, if any, delete them and try again. Hopefully the latest objects will be downloaded and you'll be good to go. If not, hopefully someone can try playing those particular games and see what happens. (As a member of Former Hearts Players Anonymous, I dare not start again.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Ischer. I will give it a try.