New Lounger
    Thanks

Address Book link breaks (6.0)

I followed the advice in Woody's Office Watch15 September 2004 Vol 9 No 16 and installed the fixes.

I keep my address book in Outlook 2000 SP3 and use Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123 for my e-mail.

I found that the link between the two was broken so I used system restore to go back and the link was fine.

If this message needs to be on the Outlook board please add it there.

Can you investigate this problem and give it wider circulation as there were no caveats in the WOW edition.

Regartds

Ian H

Thanks

Re: Address Book link breaks (6.0)

I'm not sure how you created the link between the two programs, but was it not possible to re-create the link?

You might want to install the updates one at a time to see which one is breaking the link. You'll need to do the update sooner or later...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address Book link breaks (6.0)

I appreciate your point of view but I was acting in blind panic and I am not sure I will be able to recreate the link but I will try tomorrow and hopefully post something a bit more precise. It is now after midnight in the UK.

I rely on having the addresses in Outlook and being able to access the information in the Outlook Express address book and wanted to inform any possible fellow sufferers that there might be a problem and to see if there was any other information posted.

Ian