2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SP2 Interfering with Corel (XP Professional SP2)

I have set up user accounts for family members on my PC. Prior to running the SP2 upgrade, all users were able to access CorelDraw/Paint etc., but after the installation, they can open the apps but get a series of error messages when they close them (all relate to configuration files not being saved). I set myself up as the administrator and don't have any problems with using the applications.

Any help would be appreciated

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SP2 Interfering with Corel (XP Professional SP2)

Give to other accounts Power Users rights rather then Users. To do so,

1. Open Computer Manager (Start | Control Panel | Performance and Maintenance (in Category view only) | Administrative tools | Computer management)
    2. In the left pane, navigate to System Tools | Local Users and Groups | Users.
    3. On the right pane, right-click the account you want to change and from pop-up menu choose Properties (or simply double-click the account).
    4. Click on Member Of tab. Click Add button.
    5. On the next screen, click Advanced button. On the next screen, click Find Now button. Then on the bottom of the screen highlight (click on) Power Users and click OK.
    6. Click OK once again to close Select Groups screen. Click OK to close account's Properties window.
    7. Repeat steps 3 -6 for each account you want to change.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion and excellent step by step instructions. But unfortunately, no success.

Thanks again

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Make sure each user has write access to the folder in which the configuration data is being saved.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I'm logged on, this folder is marked 'read only' but doesn't cause me any problems when I quit CorelDraw. If I clear the check box (ie., to change the setting from read only) the change doesn't stick.

When I check the folder under other logins, the folder is marked the same and can't be changed and I still get the three messages.

Am I going to the right place? I use explorer and check the properties of the folder that contains the three config files