2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro security question (Office 2003)

Hello,

I have templates created in 2000. I am using 2003 now. When creating a document based on these templates I get the "disabled macros for security" dialog box. I can use my templates if I set the security to low. The security was set to high in 2000 and I never had problems. Anything I can do to be able to use my templates with security set to high.

tks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro security question (Office 2003)

Hi Ms. JC:
    I haven't used Word 2003, but Word 2000 would create documents based on your templates, if they were in the user templates folder. Maybe the path has changed for 2003. Are you Word 2000 templates in the same folder as custom 2003 templates? By the way, medium security should be enough. It will give you a choice to enable or disable macros.

Thanks

Re: Macro security question (Office 2003)

One of the Macro Security options in Word 2000-2002 was to trust the "installed" add-ins and templates. I believe "installed" means "found in the Startup and Templates folders", or in the specific folders listed under Tools>Options...>File Locations for "User Templates", "Workgroup Templates" and "Startup". Does that option still exist in Word 2003? If so, does it help?