Star Lounger
    Thanks

Functions in queries and calculated fields (XP SP-2)

I don't know if it is coincidental with my installation of Windows XP SP-2 or not but suddenly things in Access are breaking. I can no longer have functions like Left(), Count(), Min() etc in queries and calculated fields on reports. This is a big nuisance because it breaks a lot of what I have done over the years and actually stops me doing things I have to. In one instance, I ask for the number of characters to group on for a report and put it into the interval field (e.g. Me.GroupLevel(0).GroupInterval = Temp). This has worked well until the last few weeks. In another, on a calculated field on a report, I entered =left([change to version],1) and was told this was not allowable in a calculated field. Has anyone else encountered this behaviour? Is there another cause? Can I do anything about it? Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Functions in queries and calculated fields (XP SP-2)

This sounds like you have some missing references.
    Open the VBE window, select Tools, References and check for references that are marked MISSING, uncheck these and try to run your application.
    Francois

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Functions in queries and calculated fields (XP SP-2)

Thanks Francois. No missing references. But I removed Microsoft Internet Controls, recompiled my code, and the problem seems to have gone. However, I then put it back, recompiled my code and things still work. ????? I don't need this reference so I will leave it out and see if it fixes the rest. Many thanks.