2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pocket PC/iPAQ Resources? (Pocket PC 2003 Pro)

This probably isn't the right forum, but since the Louge is the only place to get useful, reliable help, I hope it's okay to post the question here.

I've finally enteered the PDA world (it's an iPAQ 1715, which uses the scaled down Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 Pro platform (hence the question here)). Can anyone recommend a source for information on the Pocket PC platform that's up to the level of the Lounge (assuming such a thing exists)?

For example, I have some reference documents in the Palm format that I need to be able to read on my iPAQ. What's the best way/software to do that?

As usual, I look forward to all thoughts and suggetions.

Thanks.

Neal

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pocket PC/iPAQ Resources? (Pocket PC 2003 Pro)

Neal,
    I have not used Palm, so I don't know if it has the ability to send the reference documents to your desktop or not. If it does, and you can open it with one of your desktop apps, then you could create a pdf file of the reference doc, and then send the doc to your iPAQ as a pdf. Of course this assumes that you have Acrobat on you iPAQ.

Ken

3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Re: Pocket PC/iPAQ Resources? (Pocket PC 2003 Pro)

A good document viewer is Repligo from Cerience. Its tight and produces small files, and it has a much better viewer than Pocket Acrobat. I use Repligo on the desktop instead of Acrobat. Whatever package you use, if you want to have many documents available as reference you will need a storage card.

For PDA info, try a google search for PDA forums. There are several excellent ones around.

Can I bang a drum for Pocket Informant - a great replacement for Pocket Outlook. www.pocketinformant.com. They also have a useful forum.