New Lounger
    Thanks

Automatic delete query based on time (Access 2000)

I have a database that lists physicians that are out of the hospital, who is covering for them, and the dates and times in and out. This is sent to all nursing units on our network as an html file since not all of the unit computers have Access. At present, the nursing staff must refresh to see the latest updates or additions to the list, even though I have a macro that sends a new report to the units when a change is made. However, the new report does not automatically show up on the unit computer screen. I am trying to do two things. One is have the html file automatically update on the unit computer screen when an change is made, and the other is to have Access automatically delete physicians from the list when we reach the time they are returning. For example, if Dr. Jones is out until 8:30 am, I want his record to be deleted at 8:30. I run a delete query after midnight to remove all the physicians that returned on the previous day, but the automatic deletion at a certain time during the day has me baffled. My boss seems to think we need real time deletions because nurses get easily confused. (SHe doesn't realize how easily analysts get confused!)
    Can anyone help?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Automatic delete query based on time (Access 2000)

Have you thought about Access run-time on these other computers?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Automatic delete query based on time (Access 2000)

Another alternative is to create a web page - DAPs are a possibility since you are dealing with data that cannot be changed in the browser. Of course everyone must be using Internet Explorer for that to work. There are also a couple of others. As to deleting records, why not just use a select query that gets just the people that are out. In that case, you would be looking for anyone who's departure date is less than the current date, and whose returning date is greater than the current date. The idea is to have a dynamic HTML page generated by Access that is always current. Hope it helps.
    Wendell