New Lounger
    Thanks

Clean install of office (XP)

Some of my office (outlook) files became corrupted and some links etc. were lost. I tried to get office to repair the installation, without success, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, again the result was the same. How can I definitively remove office from my system, so that I can then come along and perform a "clean" installation? I have tried deleting "obvious" office keys from the registry, but this also had no effect.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Clean install of office (XP)

Try a search here or at Microsoft.com for eraser, which in the past was the name most often associated with a utility to completely eliminate all traces of an Office installation.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Jefferson,

The erasers where for Access 97 and 2000. And they don't work on Windows XP.
    The one for Access 2000 can be downloaded here: OFF2000: Utility to Completely Remove Remaining Office CD1 Files and Registry Entries
    See the paragraph Updates, version 3.0
    Francois

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You can try the Office removal wizard from the Office 2003 Resource kit. It is designed to remove earlier versions of Office.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I managed to find the "erasers" on the Microsoft site, but aside from them not being tested on Off. XP (I'm willing to try them) they also claim that they won't run on Windows XP Home (the OS on the computer in question), can anyone confirm/deny this?

Are there any registry keys and deleted file combinations that would give the results I'm looking for?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Found and used the office resource kit and then re-installed,. however the original problems I had with apparently corrupt Outlook have not been resolved. I will now move this topic to the Outlook forum.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and tips.