3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Daily Archive width

In OE, the width of the table containing the posts of all the Daily Archives that I received yesterday, adjusts to the width of the window in which I am viewing it, except for the Excel one.

The Excel one displays wider than the widest I can make the window.

Any idea what's causing this (and more to the point can it be fixed)?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Daily Archive width

It could be a long formula or line of code entered with 'PRE' tags, such as <!profile=LegareColeman>LegareColeman<!/profile>'s code <post#=409385>post 409385</post#>, which doesn't all show on screen at 800 x 600. I notice that some other Excel posts that don't appear to use PRE tags don't appear to be text wrapping correctly, such as <post#=409413>post 409413</post#>. Admin may be able to look into that latter issue.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

I think it was the length of the two lines of "................................................. .................................................. ...." which were not wrapping - I've edited them so it should appear better now.
    There's probably not a lot worth doing about it - they were appearing as a single 'word' - as do some very long URLs - and so won't 'naturally' split.

Thanks

The moderators run around trying to make sure the posts are a reasonable width, but it isn't always possible. If you are able to identify the culprit, and your mail program lets you edit incoming messages (e.g., in Outlook, Edit>Edit Message) you can break the too-long line or delete the too-large picture and the right table boundary of the entire message should snap back to something more manageable. (You don't have to save the change if you prefer to keep the original message intact.)