New Lounger
    Thanks

Access Administrative Templates (XP SP1)

I am the only user of this computer.

I cant seem to find Administrative Templates when i run gpedit.msc. I need to be able to access: Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Network > QOS Packet Scheduler.

What do I need to change?

Thanks

Re: Access Administrative Templates (XP SP1)

There's an Administrative Templates "folder" in the Group Policy Editor under both Computer Configuration and User Configuration. The QoS Packet Scheduler is part of the Computer Configuration tree on my PC (Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QoS Packet Scheduler), and there's no corresponding sub-"folder" in the User Configuration tree. Were you up the right tree (so to speak)?

If you don't have a QoS Packet Scheduler folder viewable in either place, it may be you need to somehow assign yourself expanded privileges, which is over my head, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

LOL, how do I assign myself expanded privileges???

Thanks

Over my head, as I said... (I assume you weren't just in the wrong tree, as I'd hoped.)

But since no one else is responding, I'll also throw out the possibility that you may need to be logged in as the actual Administrator rather than simply as a user with administrative privileges. This page may help (or not): http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak282.aspx

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

The template you are looking for is in Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QOS Packet Scheduler. You may need administrative privileges to see/change this. Is you userid a member of the administrators group?

Joe
    Joe