Thread: Access (2000)

Lounger
    Thanks

Access (2000)

I have a memo text box on a form. I want to be able to print selected text in the box to the default printer.
    I would be grateful for some code. Many thanks
    Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access (2000)

Could you clarify the situation, please? It might help if you explain what you're trying to accomplish with this. What is the purpose besides arbitrarily printing some text?

Are you talking about highlighting part of the text in the memo field and then printing only that selected text to the default printer? What mechanism were you planning to use to indicate that it should be printed? Are you thinking context menu selection or what?
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Charlotte
    I have this database for personal use. I have all sorts of contact info in it: Family, friends, Business , firms that service equipment at home etc.
    I use the memo facility to record details, perhaps the cost of parts or the solution to an IT query etc. At present I have made several calls to Belkin support, details in the memo field . I would like to be able to highlight a particular part of the memo text and print it to the default printer. Its nothing elaborate, I would simply highlight that part of the text that I wished to print. I hadn't thought of using the context menu: my approach might have been through a button's on dblclick event. A context menu solution sounds much more elegant though. (Because its essentially for personal use, I try to get a simple solution first and then maybe refine it at a later stage. I know, the project should be fully planned before the code is written!)
    You've helped me on several occasions in the past. Thank You
    Mike

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

In Attachment a quick and dirty sample of this.
    It works as follow:
    In the on lost focus event of the memo text field, I use code to copy the selected text in an unbound textbox on the form. If you want you can make this textbox invisible.
    The I use a unbound report with a unbound textbox and in the on format event of the detail section I set the textbox the same as the unbound textbox on the form.
    Francois