Lounger
    Thanks

Acrobat Distiller doesn't play nice w/ (Word 2003)

We are upgrading to Office 2003 and use Adobe extensively to create documents for viewing on our website. Word 2003 balks at Adobe 5 but Adobe 6 does not have a printer icon for Distiller. We use Distiller so we can tweak the settings and produce compact PDF documents for the web.

Is there a way to install an Acrobat Distiller using Adobe 6 or are we 'out of luck?'

Bob

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acrobat Distiller doesn't play nice w/ (Word 2003)

I don't have Word 2003 and only have DIstiller 5.0 so cannot run tests for alternatives - but there is a work-around.

Produce your output as a Postscript file - which DIstiller can then deal with as a separate step (automatically even if you configure a directory for it). If that worked, you could consider automating the word side of the prcoessprocess.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have you looked at "Adavance, Acrobat Distiller" in the menu of version 6.0

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the response Andrew & Dave

I have a VB6 module that runs a batch process for converting various documents to PDF. It is currently using Word97 and Adobe 5 but we are changing to Office 2003 and Word97 chokes on some Word2003 files so have to upgrade. Now Word2003 complains about Adobe 5 [we've installed the combination on another PC] and wants Adobe 6. When we install Adobe 6 there is no Adobe Distiller in the printer list.

As with all upgrades, it looks like I will have to recode the process and use the PDF Writer from Adobe 6. Next problem - does this allow me to tweak the settings so I get compact PDF files or am I stuck with those bloated ones Adobe seems to like?

The process continues.
    Bob