2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail process stalls (2002/10.2627.2625)

We recently upgraded from OL 98 to OL 2002 when I installed my Dell Axim synchronizing software (it was recommended that we upgrade). Since the upgrade we've been experiencing some minor difficulties not the least of which is the e-mail process hanging up/stalling, seemingly when receiving mail messages with security certificates. The only way I could break the stall was to use the Task Manager (ALT-CRTL-DLT) to "end task". I'm looking for information on how to stop this from happening unless this is a coincidence and not really a problem.

Additionally, often, when re-opening OL after an initial session, OL will go directly to my account instead of prompting us to select the account we wish to use. This is usually cured by re-booting BUT, after the initial OL session, it's a good bet that subsequent sessions will open to one account rather than offering a choice of available accounts. Any suggestions on how to address this issue?

Thanks for your help,

Thanks

Re: Mail process stalls (2002/10.2627.2625)

> Additionally, often, when re-opening OL after an initial session, OL will go directly to my account instead of prompting us
    > to select the account we wish to use.

By "account" I assume you mean "profile." Yes, this can happen if another file has been using one of Outlook's files, keeping a hidden instance of Outlook running in the background. This is very common with PDA sync software, and I believe DaveA has made some posts about how to get the sync software to "let go" so Outlook will fully close.