3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2K Contacts/DL help (Outlook 2000)

I have a question for you. I have two individuals who would like to maintain a Distribution list in Outlook. There is one distribution list. It lives on one individuals Outlook account currently in her contacts folder which is on the Exchange 2000 server.

For obvious reasons I dont want to copy the list and have it updated separately. I would like for them both to be able to update info to this distribution list and to send emails to it. I have tried to go the Delegate route where the person who
    "hosts" the list allows the other person access to her contacts, but when the second person tries to use that list I am running into "sent on behalf of" issues.

Is there any way to give two people access to this same contacts folder distribution list and have them both have the same status and rights to the list and not have one be a delegate of the other sending on behalf of?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2K Contacts/DL help (Outlook 2000)

Do you have Exchange ? Maybe look at "Address Book Views"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, we have Exchange 2K. Address book views? What is that? I've spoken with the administrator and I know he does not want to setup a contacts folder in Public Folders for them to use. Wouldn't that work and be easiest? Couldn't you keep what would be in that folder out of the GAL?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

AFAIK the only way to do this is to set up a private version of the GAL for your two users. You may not realise the potential total size of the GAL, but it is quite probable that it is far larger than what you are able to see at your machine. Taking that into account, I can understand why your Admin may not wish to set up a special sub-GAL for two people. There may be a permissions problem in letting either of your two users maintain the special DL. HTH
    Gre

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, Address Book Views is something else you will need the cooperation of your mail admin for.

Can you just explain the issue to him/her and see if they have a solution that they are comfortable implementing.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did something else. I created some test accounts, setup a DL in one of their Contacts folders, gave the other account permissions to access it, logged off as that user and logged on as the second user, opened up the DL and made a change to it and emailed it. I checked the emails (internal and external addresses were used for testing) and none of them said they had been sent on behalf of anyone else. I think we're gonna go this route. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

For the record, it sounds like your organisation is running a mixture of Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2K.
    Gre