Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Reminder defaults (Outlook 2003)

Two related questions about Calendar event reminders:

1. Is it possible to change the default reminder in Calendar so that by default the reminder box is untoggled on the record screen? A coworker uses his calendar as a record of events and activities already past and he wants to type those events into a calendar time slot without opening the record screen. I know we can change his Outlook config so he doesn't see any reminders, but this won't do because he needs to retain the ability to be reminded of some events.

2. Is there a way to fix the reminder time for invitations sent ? I would like invitees to be reminded one day before an event but the invitation always defaults to the invitee's reminder time (15 minutes) when he accepts.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Reminder defaults (Outlook 2003)

If I understand the questions:

1. Under Tools | Options | Preferences tab, uncheck the default reminder time box. However, this will mean that he'll have to manually check it for all items, including sent Meeting requests, for which he needs a reminder.

2. Under Tools | Options | Preferences tab, set the default reminder time dropdown to 1 day. This will be applied to all meetings that you send as Organizer. However, it doesn't prevent the recipient from changing the time on his/her accepted meeting, and it will not be applied to meetings you accept. (I don't have the same experience of my system overriding the Organizer default. I manually change most of the ones I recieve to 1 minute. If I had 24 hour reminders I'd forget them by the time they came due! Are you sure you want to set them that far out?)

You might take a look at Ken Slovak's site; he has some custom Reminder tools.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Reminder defaults (Outlook 2003)

Thanks John; you've answered my questions perfectly. I set the reminder one day out because attendees often have to travel to another office for the meetings.