New Lounger
    Thanks

DAP and drop down list (Access 2002)

I have created a DAP on a network share where the database also resides. The DAP is data entry only. I made a drop down list that uses data from a lookup table. Here's the problem. If I try to view the htm page in IE, the drop down list is empty. However, if I copy the DAP to my local C drive and then try to open it, the drop down list populates just fine. I can't understand what I'm missing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Helen

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DAP and drop down list (Access 2002)

OK, so no one has been able to answer my question yet. Let me simplify, because now it seems that I cannot get my data access page to populate at all. I have the connection set correctly, and when I tell it to check connection, it comes back stating that the connection succeeded. But when I preview in a web page, it is empty. Once again, a copy stored on my local C drive populates just fine, but when it is stored on the server, it comes up blank. I know that DAPs aren't the most used thing in the world, but I really need to get this going and these are the tools I've been given. Help, please!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: DAP and drop down list (Access 2002)

As you've discovered, not many people use DAPs because of the restrictions associated with them - and I'm one that doesn't. The best I can suggest are a couple of resources that I know of that talk about issues with deploying them. Much of it seems to have to do with moving things after they have been turned into HTML/XML. One place to do some research is in this MDSN white paper which talks about depoyment issues. Another is Helen Feddema's Access 2002 Inside Out book from Microsoft Press - I assume the 2003 title also contains info about DAPS but I don't have it. This isn't much help, but is the best I can do.
    Wendell