3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another Filter (2000)

Sorry but another question came to me, I do not think this possible but Let me throw it out there. This is complex to explain so I will do my best. I am trying to create a filter to only display Resource Group A. I have many subtasks in the project. So if 4 of the subtasks are A and one is B, even when i just filter for A it shows me all 5 subtasks I assume because they are related.

I know i can uncheck the summary box under the filters, But I want to see the milestones still. Can I get rid of that 1 subtask B and still see the 4 A subtasks? If that makes sense , and anyone can help thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Another Filter (2000)

Take a look at the setup of your filter. It sounds as if you set it to Resource Group CONTAINS A as opposed to Resource Group EQUALS A.

Contains A will show all tasks that contain resource Group A and will include all resources whether or not A is included.

Equals A will show only tasks that only contain Group A.

Are you trying to run a filter to show where all Resource Group A are shown, however, if a task has say Resource Group A and Resource Group B, you still only want to show Resource Group A?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

no it has equals, not contains

"Are you trying to run a filter to show where all Resource Group A are shown, however, if a task has say Resource Group A and Resource Group B, you still only want to show Resource Group A?" yes

Thanks

There are several ways to do this or to get close to what you want. You will need a combination of filters and/or groups.

If you want the gantt view to show this (resource usage is easier), you will need to make a new group so go to Project, Group By, More Groups. Select the task radio button, Select New, and Select the field for Resource Group as shown below. Then in the gantt view, instead of using filters, select the group you just created. This should give you what you are looking for. Post back if this does not do what you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hey Gary, yes that did work. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Jordan