New Lounger
    Thanks

Page Borders (2002)

Is there any way to make a page border using text instead of graphics or lines? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page Borders (2002)

The built-in page borders cannot be customized or added to, but you can create a text box in the page header that looks like a page border - see the attached document. It might take a lot of fiddling to get it right in all situations - the text box won't adapt itself to changing page orientation, margins etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans - it doesn't really do what I would like to, but it is a useful piece of information to have.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

So what would you like to do? It isn't clear to me what a "text page border" would be.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry if I seemed oblique - I'm was actually asking on behalf of someone else and I think they have given up. Just for the record, they wanted to type a person's name repeatedly around a page to form a border. I know you can do this easily on graphics programmes but they only have access to Word. My own method was to use text boxes and the text direction tool, but this didn't allow them to put the bottom line upside down or to run the name around the corners. I did learn the header/footers trick so it was worth posting.

Thanks
    Lucy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

They might create a graphics file, for example in Paint, with the text around the borders. Programs such as paint can rotate objects by 90, 180 and 270 degrees. They can then use this picture as a printed watermark in the document (i.e. as a floating object in the page header, behind text).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Good suggestion, thanks

Lucy