Thanks

Histogram in VBA (Excel XP)

I'm sure there is a way to do this as I seem to remember doing it sometime in the past (getting old, forgetting things). I want to perform a histogram in VBA. I've recorded a macro that does one and now I want to loop thru others. I cannot get it to run because it "ATPVBAEN.XLA!" could not be found. Don't I have to reference it or something first? Help re which file to include as a reference would be appriciated.
    (Location Australia, then UK, but now USA. Heart, outlook, attitude, etc always Australian)
    Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"

Thanks

Re: Histogram in VBA (Excel XP)

Hi,
    You need to load the Analysis Toolpak VBA add-in, then under Tools-References in the VB Editor, select atpvbaen.xls.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Thanks

Thx Rory,

The atpvbaen.xls wasn't explicitly mentioned in the list (what a list, pages and pages of it) but I used the browse button and found it.

The code I have is ...

Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", ActiveSheet.Range("$A$2:$A$50001") _
    , ActiveSheet.Range("$J$2"), ActiveSheet.Range("$H$2:$H$13"), False, False _
    , False, False

... and now I get an error message The macro " could not be found.
    (Location Australia, then UK, but now USA. Heart, outlook, attitude, etc always Australian)

Thanks

Tim.
    Did you load the add-in via the main Excel window first? If so, the atpvbaen.xls entry should appear just below your current references. You should then be able to simply use the format:
    histogram ActiveSheet.Range("$A$2:$A$50001"), ActiveSheet.Range("$J$2"), ActiveSheet.Range("$H$2:$H$13"), False, False , False, False
    Does that not work?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Thanks

Arrrg - I'm a great big boso! I just loaded it in the vba add-in part, not the excel add in part. Turn to excel and there it is, as large as life (ANALYSIS TOOLPACK - VBA).

I couldn't seem to get it to ignore the "replace output" statement (disable warnings didn't work) so I had to put in code to clear that spot prior to running the histogram.

Thx Rory.