New Lounger
    Thanks

Open attachments from an email can't be saved (Outlook 2000)

Whenever an attachment is open, and the user clicks Save As, the box appears as to where to save it, but hangs up. We are in a Windows environment, still use Novell Netware, location of file placement desired is on the network. Also thought it only happened in Outlook from an attachment, but is happening in word and excel.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open attachments from an email can't be saved (Outlook 2000)

Could this be a Novell problem? There are some old (2000) Novell Network File Locking patches relating to Microsoft Office Applications File Saving, but nothing shows up in more recent times.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open attachments from an email can't be saved (Outlook 2000)

It could be, but what concerns me is that it locks up before you point to a Novell drive. The users files are now on a Microsoft server, and while they do use microsoft netware as a client, I just think at this point it is an Outlook problem. I am going to try the detect and repair function in Outlook first, then and total repair through the reinstall of Office 2000. If that doesn't work, maybe installing the Novell client to see if that clears it up. We will be getting off the Novell server soon. ( As soon as I do some more work)