Lounger
    Thanks

Office97 to 2003 upgrade (Office 2003)

I've read the previous thread on this subject but didn't see my problem addressed. When switching from one application to another using alt-tab or activating from the taskbar, the application does not seem to have full focus. I can see, for example, Word but cannot activate the file menu or the document close [x] but the master application minimize underscore, close [x] functions normally. Also in Access if I open a table then close it and attempt to move to another table using the scroll bar along the bottom, the scroll bar will not move until I click on the blue handle bar at the top. Of course this is not a consistent occurance.

Other developers have mentioned this phenomenon also and some users have complained of their programs being frozen which I believe is the same problem.

Does anyone have any insight into curing it?

Bob

Thanks

Re: Office97 to 2003 upgrade (Office 2003)

I don't use Office 2003, but occasionally in Office XP I have a problem where I need to click an extra time in the body of a Word document after switching to its window. This is rare and clears after a restart, so I really haven't seen enough of a pattern to track it down to a particular application or usage scenario.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office97 to 2003 upgrade (Office 2003)

Thanks for the response, jscher. This is not rare on my PC, but I haven't tried a restart after each instance. If that is necessary then I would think there would be more folks complaining.

I'm not sure how to describe the phenomenon in order to search for it on Microsoft's website, but I'll give it a try.

Bob