3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Special navigating between slides (Powerpoint 2003)

I want to be able to access a slide or slides but I don't want them to appear in the presentation sequnce of slide after slide. In other words assume there are 5 slides and I don't want slide 3 and 4 to appear in the normal sequence of a presentation. On slide 2 I want to be able to make a click and show the contents of slide 3 or 4, and then go back to slide 2 before finally going to slide 5. Also if one prints the presentation I do what slides 3 and 4 to appear.

I can do this with hyperlinks and buttoms but I am looking for a method that is less noticiable.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Special navigating between slides (Powerpoint 2003)

You can hide the slides. They will show up when you click the hyperlink on slide 2.

Or have a look at Custom Shows. I think that might work better for what you want. Put slides 1, 2, 5-on in one custom show, and 3-4 in another. Have the link on slide 2 link to the custom show with slides 3-4.

Custom Shows are in the Slide Show menu.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Special navigating between slides (Powerpoint 2003)

Jim,

Depending on what you have on slide 2, your hyperlinks to 3-4 don't have to be noticeable. I have a show that actually consists of multiple files. My "main" show is an agenda slide with a bunch of bullets for our meeting. One bullet might be "Help wanted" and another might be "Advertisers". I have a separate file for Help wanted consisting of 2-3 slides (depends on how much help I need) and yet another file for Advertisers (which is 1 slide). For those items that have additional material, like the above, I actually created the bullet as a separate character that is hot. Those items that are not hot can be created in 1 of 2 ways: either use the same separate character but don't assign any link to it, or create a real bullet list using the character as the bullet. The bullets that are hot are NOT distinguishable from those that are not. Only I know for sure.

Further, even if you create words that are hot, you can change the font formatting so that they don't look any different than words that are not hot.

If you want the separate slides to appear when printed and you don't want to shuffle paper as a result of printing multiple files like above (but I don't print my files), then you have to have all slides in 1 file. Using Echo's idea of custom shows, plus the above on making things hot, should allow you to have all you want.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Thanks

Re: Special navigating between slides (Powerpoint

For what it's worth, I never give people a PPT file to print. I print in my choice of handout formats to a PDF file and give them that. Or I import the slides into Word if I think they'll want to take notes alongside the slide images.