2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Listing group scores-reports (2002)

I have a report that that displays individual scores in team groups. Each group's individual scores are added together to get a team score. I would like to display the teams scores in order from the lowest team score to the highest. The team scores are generated each time the report is opened. Team scores are not kept in a table.

Any suggestions on how to approach this.

Thanks

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Listing group scores-reports (2002)

You can probably create a query that calculates the team scores, and include this in the record source of the report. You can then add the team score to the Sorting and Grouping window, and specify a descending sort on it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Not sure how you would create a query to calculate each team's total score. Do I have to make a query for each team. Could you get me started on this
    Thanks

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You will have to tell us how your tables are set up. Without knowing that, it is impossible to give advice.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm trying to send you a copy of the stripped down databaase. How big a file can I attached. I keep reducing the size of the file but it keeps coming back saying too big.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The limit is 100 KB. Here are my standard instructions for attaching a database:
    <UL><LI>Make a copy of the database and work with that.
    <LI>Remove all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules) that are not relevant to the problem.
    <LI>In the remaining table(s), remove most records - leave only the minimum number necessary to demonstrate the problem.
    <LI>Remove or modify data of a confidential nature.
    <LI>Do a compact and repair (Tools/Database Utilities).
    <LI>Make a zip file containing the database; it should be below 100KB.
    <LI>If you have difficulties getting the zip file below 100 KB, save the database in Access 97 format and then zip it.
    <LI>Attach the zip file to a reply.[/list]Hope this helps.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attached is a stripped down version of my database. I want to print the report of team scores grouped by the lowest team score first, second lowest second, etc. Each team score is based on the scores of the team members of that team. Somehow I have to calculate the team scores for all the teams listed in the TblTeamNames before I generate the report.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You reduced the database a bit far - with participants from only one team it is hard to test what you want, so I added a participant from another team.

I have added two queries to the database:
    - qryTeams is a Totals query based on your qryPrintAllTeamScores that groups by team and calculates the sum of the eligible scores.
    - qryReport is a query based on qryPrintAllTeamScores and qryTeams, linked by team, that simply adds the team score to qryPrintAllTeamScores.

I set the record source of the report to qryReport. In the Sorting and Grouping window, I specified that the report should be sorted first on TeamScore.

See the zipped attached database (in Access 2000 format)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans

It works great. It looks so simple, but I couldn't figure it out.

Paul