New Lounger
    Thanks

data corruption (xcel 2000)

I have a problem where something is causing data to be moved from old spreadsheets into current sheets replacing the current valid data. We are using base data sent to us in Excel format to create a series of separate sheets (subsets) for use by interviewers. We split up the base file by copying data into a series of new

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: data corruption (xcel 2000)

Try saving the files as they come in and save them - in Excel HTML format. Then save the Excel HTML files back into normal XLS format. HTH
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

This is going to be very difficult to guess what might be happening without seeing all of the workbooks involved. A couple of things that come to mind:

1- Is the Copy/Paste consolidation done manually, or is there VBA code that is doing the Copy/Paste? If it is code, then there may be bugs in that code. If it is being done manually, no telling what the user is doing.

2- If there are links in the workbooks to reference data in other workbooks, these links could be getting changed, particularly if you are copy/pasting the links.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

There are no links I can find - nor do we use any VBA code or any form of Macro. At least in the sheets we build. The sheet sent to us that forms the base data is outside our control but it too seems to be OK. I like the idea of saving this as HTML and reopening and savingas XLS.