Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Deleting a macro (Office 2003)
2004-09-27, 22:40 #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deleting a macro (Office 2003)
I created a macro in an Excel doc. I decided to get rid of it and deleted the macro. Since then, every time I open this doc I get the macro security warning me of an existing macro and asking if I want to active it or not. How can I convince Excel that there is no macro left in the doc.
2004-09-27, 22:45 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Re: Deleting a macro (Office 2003)
The workbook probably still has the module that contained the macro.
- Activate the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11)
- Activate the Project Explorer (Ctrl+R)
- If necessary, expand your workbook until you see Modules.
- Expand Modules.
- If there are items under modules, such as Module1 or NewMacros, right-click them and select Delete.
- You'll be prompted if you want to export the module before deleting it. Click No.
- Repeat until no modules are left.
- Switch back to Excel.
- Close and save the workbook.
Note: if your workbook contains controls from the Control Toolbox, you'll get the macro warning even if there are no macros or modules left in the workbook.