Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Signatures (2003)

Hi there
    I've set up a signature (even using the Advanced Edit) where there is single spacing between the text items. I've added the signature name to my "Signature from new messages" and "Signature for replies and forwards". When sending a mail the signature had double spacing, but when replying the spacing is single.
    The message is in HTML format.
    Please could you guide me as to how I can get the "new message" signature single spaced?
    Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Signatures (2003)

To be a bit more specific about paragraph and soft return characters, open the HTML signature in Notepad. Find each place that there is a

and replace the "p" with "br". HTH
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Signatures (2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 28-Sep-04 15:54. )</P>I don't use HTML sigs, but I think this should do it: go back into signatures, and edit your signature by replacing the paragraph character where you hit the return key, with the soft return character, by hitting the "shift-return" key combination.

Edit: unkamunka's post reminds me that I should be more specific. In the standard Outlook HTML Signature Editor, you will not see the hard-return and soft-return characters, but if you select the "Advanced Editor" (i.e., Word), you'll see them as per the attachment, which shows hard and soft respectively.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS